Once activated, a BrightWork Timer Job runs at specific intervals on the server. You can adjust this via SharePoint Central Administration.
This task requires administrator access to the server and some knowledge administering SharePoint.
If you want to manually run a timer job, you can click Run Now.
While you might want to adjust the frequency of certain timer jobs, it is recommended that the timer jobs run in the following sequence:
- Task Scheduling (Daily - default time 12:00am to 12:30am)
- Project Metrics Refresh (Daily - default time 1:30am to 2:00am)
- Project Status Report Cache Refresh (Daily - default time 2:30am to 3:00am)
- Project Cache Refresh (Daily - default time 3:00am to 3:30am)
- Work Cache Refresh (Daily - default time 3:30am to 4:30am)
- Scheduled Email (Daily - default time 4:30am to 5:00am)
- Work Cache Update (Daily - runs every 15 minutes)
To adjust the timer job schedule:
- Log in to Central Administration and click Monitoring on the Quick Launch.
- Click Review job definitions.
- Click the BrightWork timer job you want to adjust.
- Make your adjustments and click OK. Click Run now to run the job right away.
Note: Depending on the size of your BrightWork environmant you may need to allow more time for certain timer jobs to finish. The Work Cache Refresh is a prime example in this case.
Was this article useful?